Friday, August 8, 2014

The Daddy Files

Hey Everyone! I hope you are all having a great day and enjoying what's left of summer! I can hardly believe that school starts in just over a week for us here. I will have two kids in school and my Hubby & I are headed back to school ourselves. I'm feeling a little unprepared for this big change for us, but totally excited at the same time!
Well I know that this is kind of off for the timing, especially since Father's Day was back in June. I had to wait to share this awesome mini album I made using the Artbooking Cartridge for a customer until she had given it to her honey! Now when I started this little project adventure, I had never made a mini album and so I was pretty nervous. (See even I get nervous sometimes, especially when working on something for a customer!) But it turned out to be pretty easy to do.
I used most of the images on the Top Secret key from the cartridge and just sized each of the pages so that they matched. Sized the cute images to work with the size mini album and then I went to work cutting. Of course gluing too! I was pleased with the turn out! I obviously could have gone with more embellishments but I decided that if my customer wanted more to it, then she could add what she felt it needed to complete the gift. I liked the simplicity especially since it was meant to look like top secret files! I think in the end the hardest part was punching holes in all those pages for the cute Baker's Twine I used to hold it all together. I actually broke the hole punch my hubby bought for me and I had to go pick up a crafting one, so it could handle all the layers.
I hope this gives you fun ideas of great gifts and projects that are so simple to do! Don't forget Get Crafty!

Want to add the Artbooking Cartridge to your collection? Head to my Shop and snag one today!

Items Used
Artbooking Cartridge
Cashmere Cardstock
Outdoor Denim Cardstock
Slate Cardstock
Olive Cardstock
Buttercup Cardstock
Crystal Blue Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Some various decorated cardstock
Chocolate Ink
Cocoa Ink


August's Stamp of the Month is this super cute 'Owl'oween set! I absolutely adore this set! Spend $50 or more and get this set for only $5, or order it at its regular price of $17.95. Remember not to let this cute set pass you by, because starting September 1st it will no longer be available

No comments:

Post a Comment