Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Military Themed Card

My Husband has been in the Army Reserves for the last 12 years and I served for 8 years as well. So you could say we are very much a Military family and we also live on a military base for my Hubby's civilian job. I am constantly hanging out and associating with our soldier's families. Something I've noticed over the last year of being a Consultant for Close To My Heart, is that its difficult to find stamps and embellishments that are Military oriented.
So I was super excited when we offered the My Hero stamp set (Retired) in the Hostess Rewards in our Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book. I use it a lot for cards for some of my best customers out here! I'm so glad to have it, so here is an example of one of my favorite cards I put together. I know its super simple, but sometimes simple is really good. I used Colonial White CS for the base and some Slate CS, plus some great target themed paper. I used some Slate Ink for the clouds and Black Ink for the plane.
Like I said I kept it simple and it was quick to put together. I have this goal for this year's Veteran's Day. I'm going to give out as many cards to Veterans as I can. We handed out a few last year, which my kids loved, but to see the look on these brave men's faces was heartwarming.

Well I hope you've enjoyed checking out this great card! Need to stock up on crafting supplies? Head to my Shop and place an order today!

August's Stamp of the Month is super cute! It can be yours for just $5 when you spend $50 or more. Or you can get it for its regular price of $17.95. Grab this great set while you can because after the 31st of August it will be gone!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment