Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Project Inspiration: Tools for Tasteful Pages

Tools. I have secret: I'm still very much a newbie, especially when it comes to some of these new tools. I have never used our piercing tool and mat. I love the look, but it kind of intimidates me. Intimidated or not, I have plans to add this fun tool to my Craft Room in the near future. Something I've learned since I started almost a year ago as a CTMH Consultant is to take things one step at a time and allow yourself to make mistakes, to learn. I have made some pretty darn ugly projects, but then I've learned a thing or two and have made some very beautiful projects. But if I hadn't made mistakes learning how to use new tools or techniques, then I wouldn't have learned anything and I would have kept making the same plain (and might I add boring) layouts & cards. You have to risk some and invest some in order to keep developing. Don't let some of these tools scare you. Try it, it may not be your favorite technique, but if you ever run into someone who doesn't know how and could use some support, then you'll be able to. Its one of the fun things about crafting.

I hope you got some great ideas from her super cute project and maybe have found a new technique you'd like to learn! Go for it! The sky is the limit and don't be afraid to mess up, even flaws can be beautiful! So go, Get Crafty!


Stop by my Shop and place an order today!

August's Stamp of the Month and it can be yours for only $5 when you spend $50 or more. Or you can buy the stamp set for $17.95. Either way, grab it while you can, because it won't be available after August 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment