Friday, January 31, 2014

Damask Divas Blog Hop: Ivy Lane


Welcome Ladies to another super fabulous Damask Divas' Blog Hop! If you came from Sharon's Blog, you are in the right place.  If you have jumped here and just discovered our blog hop, feel free to check the list at Damask Divas Blog to find the complete list of blog hop participants.

This month we are highlighting the New paper pack: Ivy Lane. I love the beautiful prints in this pack and it was hard to decide how best to show them. I actually have been working on some Valentine cards to present to my Church for an activity this month and when I finally had this paper pack in my hands, I found I was drawn to the shades of pink, with hints of green in it.

I needed something simple, but elegant for this card and I think I managed to do just that. I made two different cards, as the first one I wasn't quite as pleased with how it turned out. Both cards have a 2 inch strip of Ivy Lane floral B&T paper, I then decided to use some Pear cardstock on both cards to hold the theme & thought of the card.
The first card I used a bit of Blush on the first card, as another flash of color and a point to top with a bit of lacy ribbon. I also adorned the Title with a bit more of the lace. I loved how all the colors worked together, but I decided I wasn't fond of some of the layout. Which brought about my work on card number 2.

On the second card, I wanted to keep with the same theme with some differences. I added some Blush cardstock on the second card to emphasize the color scheme and help highlight the Title, which I did in Blush. I rounded corners to give a gentler touch and topped it off with a bit of lace. I really liked the addition of the lace, because it gave a more romantic look. I used the I Adore You stamp set for the phrase, as well as the heart on the second card. I used Hollyhock done in a second generation stamp to enhance the background. (Second generation means you've ink the stamp, then stamp it once on another paper and then finally stamping it on your project.) I added an additional bit of pop with two small hearts cut from Artbooking cartridge, the second of the two was given a 3D element using our 3D Foam Tape.

I had a lot of fun putting together these cards, trying to create a beautiful card to share and teach with the ladies at Church. I hope this inspires you to pick up your own materials and create beautiful Valentine's cards this year! Head over to my website and order today!

I hope you've enjoyed our Blog Hop thus far, your next stop is Stephanie's Blog! Don't forget to Get Crafty!

3 comments:

  1. Michele, I love this! Great pop of green and love the 3D pop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the green! So pretty, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I had fun putting these together and I loved how the second one turned out! Its my favorite! ;)

    ReplyDelete