Friday, January 10, 2014

Project A Day Days 5-7

Once again I'm kind of mushing together the days since I'm behind on this. In retrospect at least I'm participating, even if I'm behind just a bit. So be prepared for three awesome days worth of cards!

Day 5 was Washi Tape, which I haven't actually purchased any washi tape yet, so the closest I could get was to use my super cute Washi Wonder stamp set, which is a Hostess stamp set in the Close To My Heart Autumn/Winter Idea Book. (You can still snag this stamp set this month if you Host an Online Party or a Home Party this month, contact me if you're interested!) Since I'm new to washi tape, I was actually at a loss of what to do with it. I did make a cute card for Christmas with the same stamp set, but I felt I needed to try something new. Now I wasn't as excited by how this card turned out, but you know what I learned something while I did it.
I felt it lacked something. I couldn't tell you what, but I didn't allow myself to dwell on it. I moved on and tried a new card for the next day. So I made a less then great card, but I'm still learning. Never let the fact that one card or project turned out less then you wanted, get you down. You are constantly learning new things and you can move on to something better!

Day 6 was Polka Dots and I actually had fun doing this one. I kept it simple, used a bit of blue polka dotted paper I had around and then I tried out my super cute Angel Friends stamp set, for the angel and a sweet message inside. I also tested out my new chalk set that I picked up the other day.
I love the simplicity of this and it was super easy to do!

Day 7 was Banners and at this point I was working the Midnight oil. I needed to keep it simple and sweet! So I used paper from the Chantilly paper pack (which is retired) to make my banners, as well as a bit of Twilight cardstock. I cut the super cute pink patterned paper about 3"x3" and dovetailing it.
Then I cut the Twilight piece just a bit shorter and skinner, followed by the beautiful blue & yellow patterned piece. I layered them together, added a touch of bling and finished with a cute 'Hello' sentiment using my You Are My Happy Alphabet stamps (a stamp set out out specifically for National Stamping Month back in September) in Twilight ink.

I love how much fun I had trying to figure out how to accommodate each day's theme and for the most part I've loved how everything turned out! If you want to pick up some of these supplies to make your own cute cards and scrapbook layouts, check out my website and snag some of this great stuff before its too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment