Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Tags

 How many of you spend a decent bit of money every year to make sure you have Christmas tags for all your gifts for the holiday season? I know I do or use to anyway. This year since I now have a fabulous excuse to continually buy Scrapbooking supplies galore, I had the supplies handy to create my own tags. Now don't let it discourage you that I'm posting this after the Christmas Gift Rush, because these simple tags can be made for any theme or holiday! 

I picked the colors/themes of paper that went well for Christmas, so lots of greens, reds and I have even fallen for blues for Christmas this year! I did the same for my inks and went to town! I used my CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut the tags in the variety of tag shapes. I made sure to do some with the cutout images and some the same size without the cutouts. Then I matched up the two tags and glued the together! So simple and they look so nice!



 I also made sure to not throw away any of the cutout image pieces because they can be used to add to a plain tag to give it dimension! Like this tag here; I used a Juniper cardstock to cut out the tag in, then I used Slate cardstock to cut out the tags with the ornament cutouts. Then I took the ornaments, cut the straight pieces to be in three different lengths and glued the longest two on the card. The shortest I saved for last and used a piece of 3-D Tape to make it a dimensional element on the tag.
 The next step is to stamp or write your favorite sentiment in a corresponding color. Its one of the many reasons I love Close To My Heart stamps, because they come in so many options, particularly where the holidays are concerned. The last thing I did after stamping the sentiments is to tie some baker's twine or thread or ribbon to the top. There you have a cute and simple tag.


I made all these tags for a couple Christmas Boutiques I participated in this year. I love how they turned out, unfortunately I wasn't really in the right areas or time frame for them to sell well. I also made these mini card tags. They were also very simple to do, just make card bases in about a 3"x3" size and make your images fit in that space. Then it gives you the option to use it like a card or punch a hole in the upper corner and tie it to a gift!




Supplies I used:
*Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
*Sparkle & Shine paper pack
*Juniper Cardstock
*Twilight Cardstock
*Slate Cardstock
*Juniper Ink
*Ruby Ink
*Olive Ink
*Ponderosa Pine Ink
*Chocolate Ink
*Cranberry Ink
*Bakers Twine
*3-D Tape
*Tree Delights stamp
*Hostess Rewards: Washi stamp set
*Frosted Cardmaking Workshop stamp set
*Various other papers

Want to purchase supplies to make your own cards and tags? Head HERE to order Close To My Heart Products on my website! I hope this gives you some great ideas for gift tags or other fun projects! Don't forget to Get Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment