Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Project A Day Challenge: Days 2-4


I'm kind of behind on the Project A Day Challenge, but I'm working to catch up. So, sorry this post is going to be a whirlwind of project fun and excitement! I'll keep it simple, if you'd like to know more about each project, just let me know and I can do a more detailed post!




 I created this card for Day 2, which was have a flower on it. So I cut this cute flower out with two different shades of purple cardstock and layered them together. I also inked the edges with a sponge to give it some texture and I love the edging look. I also did that to the edges of the card base and to each of the cut outs, that I used as petals. I used an older & retired stamp set from Close To My heart for the inside sentiments and I cut the flower from the Artbooking Cartridge. (A must have!)

Day 3 was use scraps to create a project, I actually had fun creating this card. I used scraps of paper, of which I have a ton, rounded the edges and sponged brown ink on the edges to create a well worn book spine. Then I wrote the names of some classic authors and then stamped a welcome bubble. Such a fun and simple card, that used only scraps to do!
Day 4 was Home Decor. This was a lot harder for me, since I'm more practiced in scrapbook layouts and cards. I looked around at what I could alter for my home and came across this hideous pink cork board that I believe belonged to my Mom at one point. So, I pulled out the remains of the For Always paper pack, a sheet of Twilight cardstock, three extra flowers from Day 2's project and finally I used the remnants of pink paper to cut out my name. I used liquid glass to make sure the paper would stick, added my embellishments making sure to add a little pop and bling. I was actually quite pleased with how this impromptu project turned out. Now I just need to add some hooks to the back and hang up on my office wall!

I hope you guys are getting some great ideas from this super fun challenge. I hope its getting you out there testing new ideas and just plain having fun! Send your love to Mandy and share your projects over on her Facebook page: Close To My Heart (CTMH) Scrapbooking & Stamping with Mandy Leahy

No comments:

Post a Comment