Friday, July 11, 2014

Polar Bear Plunge

  
 I received a rather unusual request from a customer for a wedding card. The couple participates in a Polar Bear Plunge event every year and so this card needed to have a polar bear with a trademark yellow cape. I honestly stressed about this card, I wanted it to look nice but have exactly what the customer wanted. So I used CTMH's White Daisy Cardstock to create a standard A2 cardbase, then I sketched some rounded shoulders at the top of card. Then I sketched the head and ears from the same cardstock, followed by cutting out an oval from Slate Cardstock for this cute little guy's nose. I distressed all the edges with Black ink and a sponge, trying to give him a realistic look. I inked two round circles with black ink and topped it off with some Liquid Glass to give realistic eyes. I gave his nose some 3-D elements with 3-D Tape.

I used some cute paper from Walmart, as well as some of the Ivy Lane paper pack to make some cute presents to stack in front of the bear. I stamped 'Congratulations' on the front and a sweet message inside from The Happy Couple stamp set, to tie this unusual wedding card together. To finish the card, I found some strips of yellow terry cloth and made a super cute cape that I attached to the back of the card with some Liquid Glass (remember to allow ample time for it to dry, otherwise it makes things more difficult).
I was pleasantly surprised by how great the card looked and was satisfied how it turned out. It took some thinking and planning, but was really simple to create. So, NEVER allow yourself to get discouraged with a nontraditional idea and if it doesn't turn out the first time, try again. I hope you are inspired to work on something unusual. And as always Get Crafty!

Head over to my Shop and pick up your supplies today!

No comments:

Post a Comment