Thursday, July 31, 2014

Damask Divas Blog Hop: Chalk It Up

Good Afternoon Friends! I can hardly believe that its once again time for the Damask Divas Blog Hop! Where has the summer gone? I feel like it only started yesterday, but really school will be in session once more in just a few short weeks. Crazy, I know! 
If you have arrived from the Amazingly Talented Amie's Blog, then you are definitely in the right place.  If you are joining us starting here, then head over to Damask Diva's Blog and be sure to share some love with all the other amazing ladies participating this month!
This month we are highlighting a super cute and totally brand new paper pack, Chalk It Up. Such perfect timing for Chalk It Up to come out with our new catalog and just before school starts. This is perfect for all of those school moments you have been waiting to scrapbook or really for anything you can think of! Its super cute and super versatile.
Now, I didn't do much out of the box thinking this month, sort of found myself a little short on time, but I did get an opportunity to put together a great layout from Make It from Your Heart Vol 2 called Happy Little Life (Pattern 7) that I was given at Convention. They even provided everything already pre-cut, which was kind of nice to have as I was rushing to finish this project in time for the Blog Hop. So, they pre-cut the paper, as well as gave us fairly detailed instructions and photos to show how to put it together.
I started by stamping all the images I needed and then set to work gluing everything on. I really enjoyed not having to cut much of anything. I did have to fussy cut around some of my smaller images like the flowers, as well as dovetail a few things. Still it was so simple, but beautiful to put together. It pretty much fell into place and didn't take too long either. I even got the opportunity to distress all the edges with my Sanding Kit, which really added to the look of the layout.

I attempted to print out my own photos for this layout, but decided since I was almost out of black ink that it could just wait. But when I do get it 100% finished I'll be sure to share a photo!

I really had a lot of fun putting this layout together and I think you will too! Want to pick up your own copy of Make It from Your Heart Vol 2? Head over to my Shop and order today! August 1st our new Idea Book is going live and you'll be able to purchase your very own Chalk It Up paper pack, as well as other brand new product including the stamp sets used on this layout!
Thanks for dropping in and visiting today! Your next stop will be at Stephanie's Blog! Remember Get Crafty!
Items Used
Black Ink 
3-D Tape
Lagoon CS
Sorbet CS
White Daisy CS
(Available Aug 1st)
Glacier Ink
Flaxen Ink
Chalk It Up paper pack
Wanderful paper pack
Glacier CS
Handwritten Print Alphabet Stamp set
Glitter Glam Stamp set
Here We Go Stamp set
Happy Birds Stamp set

2 comments:

  1. Cute, Fun, Simple...everything for a great scrapbook and you did a great job getting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Michele! Love that alphabet set! Just purchased one myself and can't wait to try it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete