Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Snowflakes & Butterflies

 Hello My Crafty Friends! Welcome to October! I'm super excited to see what new and wonderful things I can create & do this month. October 1st marked the beginning of Close To My Heart's new quarter and beginning of the earning period for our new Incentive Trip: Hawaii! I've made some goals so that I can earn this trip! I hope you will all want to help me out! I also am about $600 short of beginners goal to sell $1200 in the first 90 days. I get free product and points toward my Incentive trip by making this goal, which gives me more fabulous items for super fun projects and kits! So, my first goal for the new quarter is to sell at least $600 worth of product and to hold to Home Gatherings this month. I will have some incentives available for those who set up Gatherings and put in orders; more details to follow!

Now on to this simple easy and super cute set of projects I've made as Hostess gifts (so book your Gathering with me to receive yours)! 

This first one I started with a sheet of Colonial White cardstock and used my Cricut & the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut a super cute card with the snowflake image. I loved it and thought it was perfect for the upcoming Holidays. I used a bit of natural rafia to tie a cute bow through the snowflake. Now if you're wanting to add some more color to your card, then use some of our alcohol-based markers and color in the rafia to add some pop of color. Next I sponged some Crystal Blue ink onto a small square of cardstock, which I then trimmed to fit on the backside of the front of the card and glued it into place. This pop of color behind your snowflake cutout gives the card some character! And finally I placed a super cute snowman and the phrase, from the Flakey Friends stamp set, on a clear block and stamped the images using Crystal Blue! Wa-la you have a simple and cute Holiday card!


 Here is the second card, also cut from Colonial White cardstock using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I used the same techniques for this as the first card. I used Gypsy ink to sponge on the cardstock behind the butterfly and stamped A True Thank You on front. The inside I used the butterfly and phrase from You Are My Happy stamp set (September's National Stamping Month set).
To give the butterfly its two toned coloring, while using our alcohol-based markers is the easiest option, I actually used q-tips to apply the colors I wanted. I used Olive ink for the phrase. To finish the card off, I glued the rafia bow to the front using Liquid Glass (this has so many uses)!

I hope you enjoyed learning these how to make these super cute cards.

Items Used
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (Z1686)- $99
You Are My Happy (National Stamping Month stamp)
Flakey Friends stamp set (C1506)- $13.95
A True Thank You stamp ( M1029)- $2.95
Gypsy Ink (Z2190)- $5.25
Olive Ink (Z2137)-$5.25
Crystal Blue Ink (Z2160)- $5.25
Colonial White cardstock (1388)- $9.50

Want to explore and see what other fun products we have available? Click HERE to check out my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment