Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Autumn Birthday Cards

I'm finding that I really love the fall colors on my projects lately! I mean I know its that time of year, but seeing such beautiful colors pop-out on the page is just gorgeous! I think I need to invest in some rich fall red color and do some cards with a little pop of that! This project I kept pretty simple, but I was pleasantly surprised by how they turned out! These cute Autumn Birthday Cards are 3"x3", so super cute and small! (I'll have to tell you how much it costs to send these tiny cards).
I decided to go with the rich beautiful Autumn Terracotta for the card base, added two 2 1/2"x 3/4" strips of Olive cardstock, one 2 1/2"x 3/4" strip the of the cute Polka Dot cardstock from Babycakes pack and 1"x3" strip of Cashmere cardstock. I also used some Colonial White round cut-outs from Art Philosophy Cartridge to stamp the little fall images.

I also used the Art Philosophy Celebration stamps for the 'Celebrate' and 'Happy Birthday.'  A Touch of Fall stamp set was where I got the cute images of the pumpkin, wheat, leaf and acorn. I absolutely love how simple these images are, but how beautiful they turned out, giving the right amount of pop! I love how these cards turned out. I used some 3-D Foam tape to pop up one of the round stamped images inside the card for a super cute surprise! I also used Black, Chocolate, Cashmere & Autumn Terracotta ink.

As a beginner cardmaker, I found that your cards don't have to be the most elaborate pieces of work to turn out absolutely gorgeous! I enjoyed playing with these stamps to make such great birthday cards! I hope the ladies I made them for love them as much as I do!

*If you are interested in getting the Touch of Fall stamp for yourself, contact me and I'll tell you how you can receive this fabulous incentive stamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment