Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lace-Work Birthday Card

Today I have another super cute card that can be used for all sorts of occasions, but today I picked to make it into a Birthday card for my Sister-in-law. What actually got the idea going was the butterfly. I had this random Butterfly cut-out from when I'd been playing around with my Art Philosophy cartridge. I really wanted to use it in something cute, so I flipped through the booklet for the cartridge when I saw this lace-work piece and it clicked. The idea for this card was born! Lol, OK a little dramatic, but I really did get excited about putting these two objects together to create a card.


So I fitted the lace-work image to fit a 6"x6" card and cut it from the Olive cardstock, which I think gives it an ivy look. I then sponged the butterfly with Gypsy ink to give it this beautiful coloring and placed some fun clear sparkles on its wings. I use a small amount of liquid glass to help secure the sparkles since I've found that sometimes they don't like to stay stuck where you've placed them. Then I decided to use the same cartridge to cut out an oval shape in Autumn Terracotta, wanting to tie these beautiful outdoor colors together and add the pop of Fall. I used the Art Philosophy Celebration stamps to stamp the 'Happy Birthday', as well as the Swirls Around stamps and the You Are My Happy stamps.



I used Olive, Gypsy & Crystal Blue ink. I also decided to test an image to say 'Hey, this is made by me!' I think it has potential. It was stamped in Gypsy, then I wrote my initials and the year around it. Followed by placing small dots of liquid glass on each point. What do you think?


Want to be able to may your own fun and super cute cards or scrapbook pages? Go HERE and check out Close To My Heart products, where you can buy what I used today, as well as so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment