Monday, October 7, 2013

Crafty & Halloween!

I love Halloween! Its one of my favorite times of year! I'll admit I'm a sucker for dressing up! My kids are like my Hubby and I, and love to dress up too! It makes for a very fun month. As a CTMH Consultant, I have excuses to buy cute stamps and papers to make fun cards. This past weekend, I had the opportunity to make cards for hours each day while watching a religious conference on TV. (Its nice having an excuse to be crafty!)

I decided to work on some Birthday cards for this last month (I'm so bad and behind) and some for this month. I'll just show you the cute Halloween ones I made this time around, but be on the lookout for more later!

Cards are so much fun to make, because there are infinite possibilities. No two people think alike and therefore create alike.



 I used a pattern from CTMH's Originals book for cardmaking. Picking a pattern can be an important step, but once you've decided you can do anything with that. I used a sheet of Colonial White cardstock cut into a 6"x6" card and sponged it with Autumn Terracotta ink to give it a bit more color, but still keeping it soft.

I find it makes doing a project a lot easier if you pre-cut all the papers you need, that way you can put it together quickly and efficiently! I used a 6"x2" strip of Cashmere cardstock, 5"x3" piece of Babycakes paper (I used the side with the letters on it), 4 3/4" x2 3/4" of Autumn Terracotta cardstock and a strip of paper from the top of the dotted sheet of paper from Babycakes pack.
  I used stamp sets: Creepy Creatures (C1522) and Heartfelt Birthday Wish (M1033). Other supplies I used 3-D Foam tape, Black, Chocolate, Autumn Terracotta and Cashmere ink. I used a fun technique where I stamped the images I wanted twice on separate sheets of paper (as in the skeleton), then I cut out the pieces I wanted to use to pop on the image. I cut the head, the ribs, the pelvis and his cane, then using 3-D Foam tape I stuck those pieces on top of the other image to create a great pop out!



I also used the foam tape to make the moon, bat and star images stand out on the inside. Tying together the inside with the outside of the card! I had so much fun trying new things.


My second card was a lot more simple, but still so much fun and looks great!  I used 5 1/2"x4 1/2" Autumn Terracotta card, 4 1/2"x1 1/2" Polka dot paper from Babycakes, 3"x3" Colonial White cardstock, and 3"x4" Olive Cardstock.
 I used Creepy Creatures stamp set again (I love how cute these little creatures are!) and Heartfelt Birthday Wish stamp set. I also used Black & Autumn Terracotta ink, 3-D Foam tape and liquid glass. The front side of the card base was stamped over in a cute pattern with rats, bats and moons in the same color of ink as the paper giving a subtle patterned paper. I used the liquid glass to pop out the look of the orange polka dots, such a fun technique. Cute Mr. Vampire has the fabulous pop out look, just like on the first card. I kept the inside simpler, but still cute! What a fun set of cards to give for October birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment