Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fun Valentine's Cards

 Good morning or good night (at least for me anyway), I find I am able to get more work done at night and I kind of like being a night owl! I'm crazy, I know! I've had these photos sitting on my Hubby's computer for the last week and I figured I should probably take the opportunity to blog about them. For those of you who don't know, I'm LDS or a Mormon, which ever you prefer to call me, and I was asked by my Church's local Woman's group known as the Relief Society, to be in charge of the project for our monthly activity this month. The request was to do some kind of Valentine's cards, something simple and inexpensive. Which of course I said yes, because how could I say no. I mean I do this for fun and for a living, but I still felt panicked! I had to be creative and what if I wasn't able to come up with something cute?

I was worried, but I started by looking at Valentine's sayings to see if there were any that I liked. I was surprised at how easy it was to create once I had a cute saying to work from. What I decided to do was have a 'kit' that would have three small 3"x3" cards that were more fun and then a 'kit' for one A2 card that was more romantic. (I actually shared that one in my post: Damask Divas Blog Hop: Ivy Lane) I kept them fun and simple. They were a hit, when they displayed them so people could sign up to make them. (Makes me feel good!)

So, here they are in all their glory! What do you think?

"Cute as a Button"

















"I'm Falling for You"



"Owl Be Seeing You, Valentine"














Supplies
Artbooking Cartridge
Lollydoodle paper pack
Buttons, Bits and Bobs stamp set
Buttons
Googly Eyes
Pear Ink
Olive Ink
Sweetleaf Ink
Enjoy the Little Things stamp set

Want to try making your own super fun Valentine's cards? Head over to my website, HERE and order your supplies right away! I also will be selling ready made kits for these cards. For a set of 12 cards (4 of each design) it will be $15+shipping. Contact me if you're interested. I really had a lot of fun putting these cards together and they were so simple. Aside from cutting the card bases myself, everything else was cut with my Cricut! If you haven't had a chance to use a Cricut, you are missing out and I find making projects so much easier with it!

Anyway, I hope this has inspired you to make Homemade Valentine's cards or to just pull out & work on a new or old project! Get Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment