Thursday, November 14, 2013

A 'Wicked' Halloween


I had so much fun making this 12x12 2-page layout, but I can't take all the credit for the idea. I actually was flipping through my Reflections book (contains layout set ups for when you have run out of ideas!), trying to find a layout for my September Scrapbook Workshop. I found a layout that actually used the Wicked with the broom for the 'i' on it, while looking and I thought this is perfect. I then set to work locating a layout to compliment the first page.

I used cardstock in Autumn Terracotta, Olive, Black and Cashmere, as well as a sheet of B&T Duos from Babycakes! (Which just goes to show that just because B&Ts are grouped in themed sets, doesn't mean you can't use them in different themes!) I used Black, Autumn Terracotta, Olive, Gyspy, and Chocolate inks. I used Dimensional Elements Monograms made out of chipboard for 'Wicked' and tried different ideas with the ink to give them each a different look. I sponged the edges or the tops, on the 'W' I inked just like I would a stamp. I had fun trying different things. You could even color them with our markers and then sand down different spots on the letters to give it a different look. The possibilities are endless! I love having the options and seeing how the look changes by changing one thing.


I made the broomstick from a bundle of twigs I bought at Hobby Lobby and some raffia. I'll post up instructions later, so you can make your own broomstick! I also used stamps from Creepy Creatures and I used the pumpkin from Count Your Blessings. I also used Liquid Glass to enhance some of the dots on the B&T Duos page,  I think it added just the right amount of 'Bling!' Don't forget to add your journaling, you want to be able to tell the story of the photos, because you won't be around forever and your loved ones will want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment