Monday, May 5, 2014

'Dress' Up Your Card

Alright Friends, I have returned. Its been a rough month for me. Waiting for my sister to have her baby last month was crazy and I found myself out of town waiting for the big day. Which my new niece shares a birthday with my youngest, I thought that was pretty cool and so did he! During one of my stays prior to her being born, I managed to fall off the guest bed at my parents and hit my hip on the way down. I've spent the last two & a half weeks on bed rest while I've been waiting to get an MRI done, since they are pretty sure I fractured my hip. It sucks! And surprisingly for all the time I spend in bed, I haven't had much time or honestly desire to craft! *Gasp* I know shocking, huh?

I've been a little more crafty this last week and so here is the first of my  Mother's Day cards that I put together. I shared a sneak peak yesterday and now here is the project in full! I was actually inspired by a pin on Pinterest, which was a Dress Card, but was done as a Thank You for a wedding. I liked the unique shape and thought how great would it be to turn it into a Mother's Day card. I think it has soooo much potential. I kept it simple, especially since I was trying to figure it out. I love learning new things, but I often find myself go simple first and then playing with fancier ideas. I hope I'm not the only one who is kind of self conscience of their crafting ability! :)

I used CTMH Gypsy Cardstock for the card base, which I cut freehand into the dress shape and lined the inside with Daisy White Cardstock. I also used the Big Hug stamp set in Smokey Plum ink. I also used a black ribbon for the front of the card and used a cute Mother's Day stamp as well.

I had fun making this card and as I said has so much possibility! I would love to see other ideas and variations of this fun card! Don't forget to Get Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment