Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Buttons, Button & More Buttons

22 Buttons to be precise! I hope all of you are having a great day. Mine has been a little crazy and stressful, but we have finally gotten things sorted out for my MRI and should be getting in for that in the next couple of days. (Thank heavens!) It also means I'll be having more down time over the weekend and possibly longer if they find a fracture & decide on hip surgery. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'd like to be out of pain. For now I'll enjoy my down time and try to take full advantage of it!

I don't know how many of you saw my Sneak Peak last night on FB, but I used 22 Buttons in total for this super cute card. I honestly had no idea where I was going with this card when I started. I picked some colors I liked that were cute and girly. I used Sky Blue Cardstock from CTMH and I used some cute designed paper that I bought for $5 at Walmart (as cute as the paper is I have realized that quality is NOT reflected in those cute patterns!) I had trouble keeping the top paper smooth when gluing it to the very sturdy CTMH cardstock. Obviously I managed without too much damage.

Once I had the columns glued on, I was kind of stuck on what to do next. I had to think about it and actually this card sat in my stuff for about a week while I thought about it. Its really ok to do that. Take the time you need, unless of course you have a deadline! I saw some super cute cards on Pinterest that buttons grouped together in hearts and decided that's what I wanted to try my hand at it. Now it was a lot more complicated then I had thought and I had to play musical buttons. Trying to figure out where I had to place buttons in what spot and it took me a good 20 mins, but it looked super cute and I quickly attached each button with Liquid Glass (I seriously cannot live without that stuff!)

I made this card with Mother's Day in mind, but really it could be for Valentine's Day or birthdays. You know based on colors and set up, as well as sentiments it could be used for so many different themes and projects, not just cards! I hope this has given you more ideas to work with and once again I'd love to see what projects this inspires you to make! I hope you all continue to have a great day and don't forget to Get Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment