Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Card Workshop

How are all my favorite people? I hope your Holiday season is treating you well! I hosted a Christmas Card Workshop last month and I made it simple. I used the three designs from the Frosted Card Workshop and the I created this top one myself. I used Outdoor Denim cardstock for the card base, Chocolate for the roof and Brick Red for the chimney. When I had sat down to create this card, I had just purchased the Santa Clause stamp set from our Holiday Gifts From the Heart catalog. I really wanted to achieve the look of Santa creeping across the roof on Christmas Eve!
I used black, chocolate, ruby, ponderosa pine and archival white ink to create the look. I loved how it turned out, although truth be told I hated working with the archival white. It took forever to dry and it was a little harder to work with, but I still got the look I wanted and it took getting used to! I also used the Geometric Background stamp to give the roof & chimney depth!


If you have no time to design and create your own Christmas cards, well here is a very simple way to make gorgeous cards! All you have to do is buy the Frosted Card kit, Ruby, Cocoa, and Twilight ink; then you're set. It comes with instructions and diagrams to complete each card. It even goes as far as to show you how to cut each piece out in order to make the most of your sheets of paper. I loved using it and I know a lot of my customers did too!



No comments:

Post a Comment